Are you on an eCommerce platform? If yes, then no special introduction is needed for Shopify. Isn’t it? Today, thousands of entrepreneurs, small business owners, and fortune companies from over 175 countries trust Shopify and sell their products. However, let me tell you about Shopify, in brief, to recall about it.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a trending e-commerce platform where anyone can set-up their online store and sell products. No matter whether you are owning a small business or a large enterprise, if you want to sell something, then Shopify is the shot.
The problem with Shopify is that it has multiple applications and it becomes tough to choose the appropriate one for your business. Don’t worry. To make your selection process easier, we have come up with a complete process of researching, installing, and uninstalling a Shopify app.
Types Of Shopify Apps You Can Install
Do you know the Shopify app has various types of apps to install and use? These substantially include public, private, and custom apps. As you are dealing with an e-commerce platform, we will be discussing mostly public apps. While private and custom Shopify apps are usually discussed with the Shopify experts or developers.
However, private or custom applications are not open to users. Only developers would know about it who have a special URL to access those applications.
Now, It’s time to install the Shopify app and start your business.
How to Install Shopify app
Earlier, we discussed the various types of apps. Now, you are clear with the types of apps and their technology. So, let’s install the Shopify apps.
You can install Shopify apps in three different ways.
- Through the Shopify App Store.
- Through a third-party install link.
- Through a custom app with its installation link.
Installing Shopify Apps Using Shopify App Store:
- Initially, login to the Shopify App Store.
- Search for the app that you want to install.
- Tap on it.
- Next, you find the app listing page. Then, click on “Add App”.
- Finally, to use the app, go to the Shopify admin panel and install the app.
After successful app installation, use it from the apps page on your Shopify admin panel.
Installing Shopify App Using Third-Party Installation link:
In this process, you install the apps using the third-party link from the developer’s site. Click on the third-part link. Then, install the app from your Shopify admin panel to authorize the use of the app.
This third-party installation process works only for the apps that are built before December 5, 2019. However, if you want to install the apps after this date, you get an error message. Hence, you cannot install the app.
Installing Shopify Apps Using the Custom App:
Did you hire any developer for designing and developing custom Shopify apps? If yes, then you get the installation link directly from the developer. Remember that this installation link is not used to install apps from other Shopify stores.
- Click on the unique installation link from the developer.
- Finally, go to your Shopify admin panel and install the app.
Usually, the custom installation links expire after seven days for security reasons. If your link has expired, ask the developer to provide another one. Or else, if you give full permissions to the developer, they install the custom app. After that, you use the app without a hitch.
How to Open an app in Shopify
If you want to open an app in the Shopify store, then it’s a cakewalk process. You see all the installed apps on your “Apps” page. But the process of opening apps slightly varies from the desktop version to mobile versions.
Opening an App in Shopify Using Desktop:
- Go to your Shopify admin panel.
- Click on “Apps”.
- Then, choose the app you want to open and click on it.
Opening an App in Shopify Using iPhone/Android:
- Go to the Shopify app.
- Click on “Store”.
- Finally, choose the app you want to open and click on it.
How to View an app’s about page
To know more about the application’s features and functions, it’s crucial to view the app’s about page. This about page consists of reviews, app listing, and other factors of the app.
To view the app’s about page, follow the below-given steps.
- Go to the “Apps” section from the Shopify dashboard.
- Then, you find the “about” section beside the name of the app. Click on it.
In case, you are using mobile, then the process varies a bit. After you go to the “Apps” section, click on the … button. Then, click on the “About” option to view more about app functions and features.
How to Edit an app’s preferences
To edit the app’s preferences, go to the app’s about page. Initially, go to your Shopify admin panel and click on “Apps”. Then you find the “About” section of the app just beside the name of the app. Finally, click on the “Edit preferences” button to edit the app’s preferences.
How to View an app’s invoice
To see information about billing and other charges, it’s significant to view an app’s invoice. If you are using the desktop version, then view invoices as mentioned here.
- Go to the “Apps” section on the Shopify dashboard.
- Then, beside the name of the app, you find the “About” button. Click on it.
- Tap on the “Billing and usage Charges” button.
- Finally, click on “View Current Invoice” to view the app’s invoice.
View Invoice on Android/iPhone:
- Go to the “Apps” section from the Shopify store.
- Tap on the button just beside the name of the app.
- Then, click on the “About” button.
- Finally, tap on the “Billing” section to view the app’s invoice.
How To Change the app’s proxy URL
To view the dynamic content on online store pages, people use proxy URLs. In general, these proxy URLs are set by the developer. However, if you want to change it, you can do it as a Shopify admin.
- Go to the “Apps” section from the Shopify admin dashboard.
- Besides the name of the app, select the “About” button.
- Next, choose the “App Proxy” section. Click on the “Customize URL” option.
- Now, enter a new URL.
- Save it.
That’s it. You have changed the proxy URL. Also, make sure to change the app URL to a new proxy URL.
To understand the app’s permissions and privacy policies, read about them through the about page of the app.
- Click on the “Apps” button on the Shopify store.
- Then, go to the About section of the app.
- See the “App permissions” section.
To view the permissions and privacy statements of an app, the process slightly varies.
- Go to the “Apps” section through the Shopify store.
- Then, tap on “About this app” by clicking on three dots just beside the name of the app.
- That’s it. Now, click on “View app permission and data policy”.
How to Uninstall an app
As the installation process, uninstalling the Shopify apps is also straightforward and simple.
- Go to the “Apps” section from your Shopify admin panel.
- Choose the app that you want to uninstall. Then, click on delete.
That’s it. You have successfully uninstalled the app. However, this applies only to desktop users. If you want to uninstall apps using mobile, then the process slightly varies.
How to uninstall the Shopify app using Android/iPhone:
- Go to Sho[pify app and click on the “Apps” section.
- Now, besides the name of the app, you find the … button. Click on it.
- Select the “Delete” option.
- Then, confirm it.
You have successfully deleted the app from your Shopify store either using iPhone/Android. A few apps change the theme of your online stores. So, make sure to check whether any other apps also need to be installed or not along with the current uninstalled app.
How To Check app notifications
As online websites need regular updates, it’s important to check the notifications at a regular interval of time. If you want to check notifications about the installed apps, sales channels, or other updates, here is a simple process.
- Visit the “Apps” section from your Shopify admin panel.
- Then, tap on the “Review” button in the “App Status Notification”.
- You see the “App Status Notification Bar” if any apps in your store need to be reviewed.
This is everything about the researching, installing, and uninstallation of Shopify apps. So, it’s time for you to create your store on Shopify. Then, install all the necessary apps and uninstall all the unwanted apps. In case you need highly customized Shopify applications, You can hire a Shopify developer to get it developed.
If you want to know more about the Shopify platform, apps installation, uninstallation, and bull payments, read the frequently asked questions here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How much does Shopify cost per month?
The pricing varies based on the plans you use. In general, the amount varies from 9 USD to 2,000 USD per month.
- Shopify Lite: $29/month
- Basic Shopify: $79/month
- Advanced Shopify: $299/month
- Shopify Plus: $2000/month
2. Where should I sell products with Shopify?
With Shopify you can sell on your website, Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Instagram, etc via Handshake.
3. Can I try Shopify apps for free?
Yes, you can try them for free for a certain period. After that, you have to pay for them.
4. How do I use Shopify apps?
Go to the Shopify app store and Install the required apps. Then, use it from your “App” section on the Shopify dashboard.