Mobile applications have become the heart and soul of the technology industry. While the eCommerce apps are doing wonders and much small and sole proprietorship has also become a part of the bandwagon, the on-demand industry is equally growing at an unimaginable speed. Technology and mobile devices have become the new normal and people are carrying them with themselves all the time. Therefore, it makes it easy to access apps from anywhere in the world at any time.
People have been maxing the optimum use of mobile app technology, and Similarly the laundry care industry and business owners are benefitting from it. An on-demand laundry pick and delivery app is a solution to several problems of the common man. With laundry app People are getting their laundry done with the help of some simple clicks. These apps have helped people wave goodbye to the days when doing all household chores along with the laundry was a big thing. One can now just open the app, register himself, look up the laundry services in his area, compare prices and time taken by each to laundry their clothes, and make a booking.
Did you ever think of the on-demand laundry care app coming into being? Well, it takes a human some time to process the fact that there are such services also available online. But, as we stated earlier, apps have really become the heart of people’s life. There are a plethora of apps installed on every person’s phone and all are being used to their greatest potential. One of the leading laundry service apps Rinse has made way for newcomers to make such apps and explore the industry’s digital presence.
Laundry Care Marketsize
- Revenue in the Laundry Care sector is US$100.80bn in 2022.
- The market is projected to grow annually by 3.77% (CAGR 2022-2026).
- United States is generating most revenue in laundry care sector – (US$14,960.00m in 2022).
- per person revenues of laundry sector is US$13.24 in 2022.
Whom does laundry app Rinse cater to?
There are three main parties involved that keep the app running and contribute to its success. Firstly, the users who install the app on their devices to book for and avail services, secondly, the laundrymen who take the orders and provide their services, and the third party includes the delivery persons. It takes just a few clicks for them to book a laundry service for themselves. Therefore, it is no more a big task for the people to get their laundry done.
- User: The user of the app is the customer who searches for the delivery apps that provide services in their geographical locations. They can then enter the details of the clothes they want to send in for laundry and get the price quote for the same. Lastly, the users can book a time slot for the pick up of their bundle of clothes from their house.
- Laundrymen: Once a user puts up a request for his clothes laundry, the laundrymen, or call them the rinsers will confirm the booking and send an automated reply to the users about the confirmation. They will then get the clothes delivered to their center where they wash, dry, iron them and send them back to the address of the customer.
Also, Read: How to Develop a Feature Rich Laundry Mobile App
- Delivery boy: Lastly, the delivery boys in this service sector play a role like that of any other delivery boys. They reach to the location of the customer, pick up their clothes, and deliver it to the laundrymen. When washed and ironed, the delivery boy delivers it back to the owner of those clothes.
How Does the Laundry App like Rinse work?
If you are planning to develop a laundry app make for your business, you must know the basic functioning of the app so that it becomes easier for you to explain the same to the app developers and get it developed without any issue.
Take a look at the way these apps work:
- Placing an order: The users first go to the app store and install the app on their devices. They then register themselves and start placing an order for the service. He can schedule the pickup time that is favourable to them.
- Pick up: The next step that comes is the pick up of the order by the delivery boy from the address of the users and the delivery crew then delivers it to the laundry area.
- Laundry: After the clothes have been delivered for laundry, the staff takes them and washes them separately according to the clothes type and color. They dry and iron clothes.
- Drop-off: The last step includes the delivery crew picking the bundle of clothes from the laundry service center and delivering it back to the customer according to the latter’s time preference.
Business Models to Consider Before laundry App Development
If you’re a start-up and are sceptical about the business models, you must talk to the company hired by you for laundry app development and take advice from them. They might be able to suggest to you which model to choose. One must insure what kind of business model is suitable for their laundry business before starting mobile app development. Take a look at the business models of a laundry app:
- On-site business model: This one is most suitable for those laundry service providers who are already into this business for a long now and have their shop in some marketplace. Customers get their laundry delivered to their house without any hassle. The laundry service providers in return can get more orders from nearby and keep a tab on the number of deliveries by them in a day.
- In-site business model: This one involves a more traditional approach as one has to drop off their clothes at the laundry station on their own and update the details on the app. They can also make the payment via the app or in cash. The customers have to go and pick up the clothes themselves from the laundry.
- Aggregate model: This one is one of the most efficient models where the app owner might or might not be involved in the business. He might just be interested in making a platform for the laundry services to meet with the customers through the app. The laundry service providers are the third-party vendors who pay a certain amount of commission to the app owners for each order they receive through the app.
Basic Features for a On-demand laundry app development
An on-demand service app should have essential features as a single feature missing might cause it to run into losses. The app developers should think from a user’s perspective before actually developing the app. Here are some features that are essential in an on-demand laundry app:
- A signup process integrated with social media that helps in making the signup process easy and convenient. This is necessary as each customer should have his separate credentials where they can save their information.
- Access to the information on available laundry service providers in your geographical location.
- Customers can choose cloth types and mentioned instructions for laundry care.
- The option of getting any clothing hand washed or machine washed. Giving clarity on the same.
- The total bill generated for the number of clothes given.
- Sharing a list of prices according to the different washing preferences.
- A feature that allows the users to enter the time of pick up and delivery time so that they are at home to receive the laundry at the time of delivery.
- Online payment options including payment by card debit/credit, online bank transfer, or via e-Wallets.
- Push notification is one of the most important feature. Push notification deliver time to time alert during various stage of laundry care like laundry pickup, delivery, order confirmation, dispatch, offers and more. These notifications also share the information regarding the confirmation of their order.
- Geo location tracking – this feature allows user to locate near by laundry service and real time tracking of delivery boy.
- The feature that allows the users to cancel their orders at any point in time.
- A review and feedback option for customers to share their experience.
- Laundry app offers various discount and offers to avail.
- The app informs the customers if there is any change in the delivery or pick up of the customer’s clothes from their address
FOR LAUNDRY SERVICE PROVIDERS
- A social media integrated sign-up and log-in process. This ensures the safety and security of the service providers.
- Each laundry service provider have dedicated dashboard. It shows the number of orders taken in a day along with other information.
- They should have the feature of GPS for access to the geographical location of their customers. This gives a rough estimate of the time they might take in picking up and delivering the laundry clothes.
- A page consisting of the history and details of the previous orders taken and completed by them
- An integrated calendar that helps them get notifications of an upcoming pickup or a delivery.
- Real-time analytics gives them an opportunity to look into the kind of work done by them and the number of orders that are lying pending in the app.
FOR LAUNDRY DELIVERY CREW
- The GPS functions enable them to take details of a customer’s address and location. They should also be able to access the contact details and other important information of the customers.
- A page showcasing the history of all the orders delivered by them.
- Login and sign up page for the identification of the delivery boys.
- Push notifications for the pickup and drop-off requests.
Technology Stack to Consider
- Platforms – App (Android and IOS) Web, PWA
- Backend – Node OR Laravel
- Front-End – Angular.JS
- Cloud Solutions – Amozon Web Services
- MAP & Navigation – Google Map API
- Push Notifications – Firebase (Android), Twillow (iOS)
- SMS Services – Naxmo
- Mail Services – MailChimp
- Database Technologies – MongoDB, Cassandra
- Real Time Analytics – Apache Kafka
- Payment Gateway – Braintree and Stripe
The laundry industry is big and people are extremely dependent on them. One can always get the service at their doorstep by installing one of the apps for a better experience. Why would you make the effort to go out each time to drop off the clothes at the laundry services when laundry service provides can pick up from your address?
People who are thinking of investing in laundry app development should find the most suitable app development agency that has developers with strong and prior experience. They should be able to make the app according to your requirements and make it live only after its proper and efficient testing.